Monday, December 05, 2005

Novembroidery

I'm holding onto, hanging onto

vapours of the month just faded away


Can I actually say the name aloud.

I will it: November

I say it aloud: I command me,


I demand -

Whitman said, "me, myself, and I;"


Olthuis took it up as a founding idea


of his philosophical anthropology


pour une science d'éthique reformationelle


- me do it.



I do

This is the month, this novembroideried
passage of days, every year

She died between November 6 and 7,

somewhere inbetween.



She took lots of sleeping pills.
She put a see-thru plastic bag over her head, a tint of blue,

veiled



and laid herself out in full decorum,

true to her fastidious aesthetic of simplicity,


now an aesthetic of dieing by her own willing it.

"She should have died hereafter,

there would have been


a time for such a thawt." Who said it?

Ruth Eleanor Balchunas Gedraitis,
rest in the peace, your son Albert

Albert Gedraitis copyright
Monday, December 5, 2005