Saturday, June 11, 2005

I had so many runs to make, I didn't get to the mall 'til late

Yesterday I had so many errands to run
and runarounds to runaround an'roun' in
the heet an smaggg I swam thru the See
uv Humididy 'til I coodnt tell well where much
I wuz, at thad pard'kulr momnt. Yoo see,
I wuzn't beside me, but Thank God! Yoo
were there, I knew, all this time, and got
me to the mall just before closin' time,
where I bawt a shirt to wear to an old-time
fren's retirement party (Yoo know who she be),
and thus appear comfordblee middle-class,
jus' in case I do get there, woodn't wanna
stick ou' like a poor thumm a' her event, now
wood eye? Lord, yoo'v given us this bond,
somehow still holdin after all theez yearz, like
a cord from one ta' th'other down an alpine ...
oh yoo get th' medafor ov koarse ... jus' pleez
Lord get me ta' th'pardy on time!

(The rest is private, dear Pöm readers...)